BAND is one of the founding members of Business Angels Europe (BAE), the European confederation of the national Business Angels associations and federations in Europe.
The strategic objectives of BAE are:
- to be a strong, united voice of the business angel community across Europe and represent it to the European institutions,
- to support the development of favourable fiscal, legal and policy frameworks for the growth of the business angels market across Europe,
- to promote the emergence and growth of national business angels associations,
- to promote professional and ethical standards within the business angels market and share experiences,
- to be a place of gathering information, experience and statistical data,
- to work to facilitate cross-border investment at European and international level,
- to cooperate as a key partner with the international and global angel community.
With Dr. Ute Günther as Vice-President, BAND is represented in the board of BAE. She is responsible for the department, “Research and Statistics”.